Playground Buddies & Song Leaders
Our playground buddy scheme plays an important part in creating a safe, friendly, happy and peacefulatmosphere for children during lunchtimes.
We have also introduced our Singing Playgrounds Song Leaders
Who follow the Singing Playgrounds aim enable schools to put fun, inclusive, child-led singing-play at the
heart of the primary school community.
Research has shown that singing brings many mental and physical benefits to individuals and our song leaders from years 4/5/6 aim to bring as much joy through singing as possible.
● can and should be inclusive;
● should be child-led in the playground;
● helps children feel good;
● helps children develop personal and social skills including teamwork and leadership;
● helps children empathise with others, helps them make friends and develop friendships;
● is creative;
● develops singing skills and musicianship, and is the beginnings of group music-making; and is loads of fun!
Who are they?
Year 4/5/6 children take on the role of Playground Buddies and Song Leaders . These children really enjoy their responsibilities, and not only do they make the playground a happy place for all the children, but also offer a great help to the staff on duty at lunchtime.
What is their role?
- To help all children to learn how to play cooperatively with each other.
- To help children resolve minor conflicts.
- Teach children to play a wider range of games.
- Help lonely children make more friends.
- Most importantly, be available as a friend to all the other children.
How do we spot them?
Look out for their bright yellow bibs.