English and Phonics
Writing in Marigold Nursery
Marigold Nursery have developed a book to display all of the wonderful mark making and writing opportunities that take place over the course of the year.
Here you can take your time looking at our ethos and strategies in the teaching of English, our approach to the teaching of reading and the phonics programme we use.
At Netherton Moss we aim to instil in all our children a love of reading for its own sake, to enjoy stories and to use it as a means to find out about the world. We want our children to build a desire to communicate their ideas and thoughts and to express them with confidence, consideration to others feeling
- Promote a whole school approach, thus providing progression across all age ranges.
- Encourage the love of literature and a joy of communicating.
- Develop knowledge and skills, enabling English to be used as a learning tool.
- Create an environment respecting each child’s language and fostering an appreciation of Literacy and culture.
- Use and adapt current legislation to suit the needs to our pupils.