Welcome to Daisy Class
Thank you for visiting our class page! This section of our website contains photographs, examples of work and activities that take place within the reception classroom, important messages and useful tips to help you support your child at home. We really hope you continue to visit our page and follow the exciting journey our reception children take over the course of the year. Enjoy!
Friday 8th January - Maths Lesson
Maths Activity- Before the session you will need to find some counters or anything that you have at home that can be counted such as: cereal, 1p coins, lego pieces etc. Also, for the starter activity please have your 100 square available from the home-learning pack you collected yesterday.
Please play the video I have attached to this post first and then follow the link to the Oak National Academy lesson.
Oak National Academy- Maths lesson link
Friday 8th January- RWI session
RWI lesson- Today I would like the children to recap on some of the sounds they already know as we have all been off school for a while so could probably do with a little refresher. Once the lesson is complete, please ask your children to independently write some of the green words you see at the end of the video.
1. Say the word together
2. Ask the children to hold up 3 fingers, say each sound they can hear in the word and tap each finger as they do so.
3. Write the word
4. Check the spelling and correct any mistakes if there are any.
If you notice that your child is forming the letter incorrectly, now might be a great opportunity to spend some time working on letter formation/handwriting.
Friday 8th January 2021- Reading and Expressive arts and design
I have posted a link to the Supertato story I made reference to in the maths video I posted earlier. You might like to spend some time watching/listening to the story online and then, using your template in the home learning pack, you might like to create your own superhero mask. The objective of this lesson is to allow your child to create a mask by sharing their ideas with yourselves by discussing why they have chosen certain colours or why they have chosen to stick materials in certain places. If you have any craft materials at home, it would be lovely to see them.
I can't wait to see the finished pieces.
Thursday 7th January 2021- Reading
Good afternoon everybody,
I hope you enjoyed the video this morning. I have had some super work sent to me so far, well done!
Tomorrow you will be receiving a Maths, Read Write Inc. and creative activity to complete.
Alongside the activities that I send via Dojo each day, I would also like you to spend at least 10 minutes every day reading with your child. As we can't give out our school books at the moment, I have created a username and password for you to access the Oxford Owls Website. Oxford Owls contains many educational resources but I would really like you to use it to access RWI Ebooks.
Please email me to request a login.
You should sign in as a student, go to the Read Write Inc Ebook Library, click on levels and then select Read Write Inc. Phonics Sound Blending. Once you have done this you will be given 5 different books to read with your child. If you find that your child has read all of the books and you think that they could move on to a more challenging text, let me know and I can advise you as to which level to choose next.
I hope you have had a great first home-schooling day and look forward to seeing more work come through today and tomorrow.
Remote Learning- January 2021
Happy New Year!
It's perhaps not the start we envisaged but I have no doubt that our community spirit at Netherton Moss will get us all through it!
As you know, school is closed from tomorrow so most children will begin their remote learning journey once again.
Throughout the day today I will send little pieces of information to help support your home learning journey and to make you aware of the arrangements we have put in place to best support all of our children and families.
1. Tomorrow morning (7th Jan), I would like you to come to school to collect a learning pack that I have produced for each child. This contains work that has not been directly set by myself as a compulsory piece but work to be getting on with if you are ever looking for additional pieces. Also within the pack you will find a pencil and a blank exercise book for you to stick in any pieces of work your child produces. You can collect your packs between 9:00- 9:30am from the classroom door. If you cannot get to school between these times, please let me know and I can leave your pack at the school office.
2. I will now post a suggested timetable for each day (this can also be found within your learning packs). I will be uploading videos and compulsory work at specific times throughout the day that I would ask that all children watch and complete. We cannot stress enough, how important it is that the children engage with their school work each day so that routines of learning can be maintained and the progress made in catching-up last term is not lost.
3. I will be uploading daily videos and follow up tasks to class dojo and to the school website, the work will be identical on each so please use either platform.
4. Please send all completed work to my email address: email@example.com or if you are using our Class Dojo app, through the portfolio function.
5. As you will be using tomorrow to pick up your packs, go through them with your child and organise your own timetables I will only post one video and task. We will use tomorrow as a practice run so to speak.
6. If you have any worries or questions please do not hesitate to ask. We will get through this together!
Choosing a selection of photographs from the hundreds of fabulous ones we have taken this half term was tough! Our Daisy Class children have settled in so brilliantly and worked so hard. Their behaviour has been exemplary and they have taken on every task with such a positive mindset.
Well done Daisies, we are all so proud of you!
WOW! What a fantastic first week we've had. The children have been absolutely fantastic in settling into their new classroom, learning new routines and meeting their new teachers and friends.
This week we have based our learning around the text 'The Rainbow Fish'. We have explored creatures under the sea, played pairs with sea creatures, played various sealife related games and talked about 'scales' especially the shimmering scales of the Rainbow Fish.
We have also introduced phonics sessions. This week's focus has been on hearing initial sounds in words, in particular 'm' and 'a'. Don't forget to try out the 'Odd sound out' game from the link below if you haven't done so yet.
I would like to send out a couple of reminders please. We will be starting P.E. next Monday 21st September. Please could we ask that your child's pumps are in school on Monday so that we can place them in their P.E. bags ready for the afternoon.
Also, On Friday 25th September, we will be selling cakes at the end of the school day to Reception Parents. The money raised will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Thank you so much for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you next week for another week of learning and fun!
Hi everyone! I managed to speak to a couple of parents at home time today but for those I didn't manage to see, we have been playing a game this week in Daisy Class called 'Odd Sound Out'. You can find this game on the link below. We have been using this game to encourage the children to hear the initial (first) sound in each word and to spot mistakes. I would be thrilled if you could play this game at the weekend with your child and I look forward to seeing the progress next week.
Have a great weekend!
What a fantastic group of children! The Daisy Class staff have had a wonderful start to the term meeting our brand new daisies. We are very much looking forward to the year ahead. We hope everyone has come home with a big smile and are looking forward to returning next week for their half day sessions.
Daisy Class 2020-2021
Families that are joining our Daisy Class Team in September you will be happy to hear that our classroom has had a makeover! As we are keen to ensure a smooth transition for our children, I have taken some photographs of the classroom for you to have a little look at with your child. It would be lovely if you could have a little chat about what you can see and maybe discuss some of the exciting resources that your child may like to play with. We are looking forward to meeting you all and working together as a team to ensure your child has the best start to their school life.
If you are unsure of your dates and times for the transition days in September, please refer to the letter I have sent out in the post or alternatively email our school office and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Miss Rainford (Class Teacher and EYFS lead)