We admit children in the Autumn Term of the school year in which they reach the age of five. The school operates the general admissions policy recommended by Sefton and this policy may be seen in full at the school. The main points are:
- If you wish your child to attend the school, you should contact us and fill in Sefton’s Application Form. Alternatively you can apply for a place online by visiting www.sefton.gov.uk/admissions. Approximately 90% of places are filled by children who attend our Early Years Unit (Marigold). Our admission number has been reduced to 30 so early application for the remaining places is advisable.
- If there are more applications than places, the first priority is towards a ‘Looked after Child’. These are children who are currently in the care of the Local Authority. The second priority is toward children who already have a brother or sister attending the school and the third is the nearness of their home.
Generally, the same criteria as above will apply to Nursery admission, but, clearly, there will be some points of difference. For example:
- a child’s name may be added to the waiting list after the second birthday and we are always ready to welcome new families to the Nursery, who do not yet have a child at our school!
- Children are admitted to the nursery during the term following their third birthday.
- Applications for a nursery place are dealt with directly by the school and a form can be obtained from the school office.